Shoppers - Please note: Be sure to check your purchase and then fill in all your details correctly on the right-hand side, (name, address, city, state, zip etc.) and check our terms and accept them. it will greatly help us to get your order in a timely manner.
Comment on Discernment vs. ApologeticsWritten by Jacob Prasch
Moriel just published Jackie Alnor's article, "Discernment Ministries vs. Apologetics Ministries: Is There A Difference?" to which Jacob added the following...
The line between apologetics and discernment is indeed nebulous. In the earlier years with Dr. Walter Martin, etc. "apologetics" mainly meant cult evangelism. With the apostasy of the last 25 - 30 years however,Ã‚Â much of what had been considered "evangelicism" is also now cultic and just as heretical as the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons.
- "Spiritual Babylon" (or variations of the same term) used to mean Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Liberal Protestantism; now it co-equally means the Assemblies of God, the Baptist Union, the Emergent and Purpose Driven churches.
- Heretical books use to be read by non-believers; now The Shack and Ecumenical Jihad are read and endorsed by those claiming to be mainstream Evangelicals like Gayle Irwin and J. I. Packer.
- Cult leaders, antichrists, and false prophets used to mean Rev. Moon, Joseph Smith, or the pope; now it co-equally means Tony Campolo, Chuck Colson, Peter Wagner, Rick Joyner, Cindy Jacobs, and Mike Bickel.
- Eastern Religious mysticism and New Age philosophy referred to the Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi; now it is Brian McLaren, John Arnott, and Joyce Hugget.
- Extremist fundamentalists use to be red-neck Bible thumpers from racially segregated churches in the American Bible Belt or political protestant preachers from Northern Ireland; now anyone not agreeing with same-sex marriage and homosexual and lesbian ordination is branded as extreme.
In a sad sense those in apologetics and discernment circles have had their own "paradigm shift" thrust upon them by the tide of spiritual, doctrinal, and moral deterioration. I am not just hating what is happening to the world and society, I am hating the plight of the so-called church. Even more than before my attitude is MARANATHA. Please Come Quickly Lord Jesus!
James Jacob Prasch
Latest from Jacob Prasch
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.