. Simply click "Moriel Ministries" below to go back to the main site

Arrow up
Arrow down

Shoppers - Please note: Be sure to check your purchase and then fill in all your details correctly on the right-hand side, (name, address, city, state, zip etc.) and check our terms and accept them. it will greatly help us to get your order in a timely manner.
Thursday, 03 March 2011 02:19

Update on Jacob's Health

A number of people in and around Moriel have inquired concerning my health. I am on a medically restricted schedule until mid-summer and I am only speaking around London and the south of England. No itineraries.

I had my final evaluation with my UK cardiologist Professor Joy today prior to his retirement and I saw my USA cardiologist Dr. Chin in California recently. I will meet my new recommended UK cardiologist shortly. My latest tests came back today. My EKG is good and I remain in pharmacologically managed sinus rhythm. My echo cardiogram also came back looking good as were blood pressure results, etc. My cardiologists are pleased with the results. The remaining issue is now, of course, weight reduction and exercise.

I therefore rejoined a gym today with a medically supervised exercise program. I am using the reduced schedule to work on The Daniel Project, new teaching messages, and being with Pavia who has had a difficult period with the loss of her mother and the illness of her father which caused us to miss our vacation together (important as I have been away so much).

I am also getting good hydro therapy for my neck in Holland (which is closer than in Germany and cheaper than in Switzerland) that keeps me off of the anti-inflammatory drugs for my neck injury that the cardiologists want me to avoid.

I thank everyone for their prayers and concern.

In Jesus,
Jacob

Published in Blog Items
Thursday, 17 February 2011 21:11

The Scapegoat Question

A Reader Writes:

Hi Jacob, I hope your USA trip is going well.  A friend of mine had a question they wanted me to ask you about the Azazel scapegoat.  He was under the impression that the scapegoat and the sacrificial goat were types of Christ and what He did; one goat sacrificed and the other led to the wilderness, etc.  He said he looked up the Azazel scapegoat in Encyclopedia Judaica and saw in the Book of Enoch that the Azazel name is demonic there and the sources call Azazel a demon.  He's not sure what the Azazel goat originally meant in its Mosaic context and when it began to be viewed as demonic by some Jewish sources.  He wanted to hear your take on the Azazel scapegoat.  If you have a teaching that deals with this that is recorded I can just make a copy of that to give him.  I couldn't think of a CD that specifically dealt with the scapegoat in depth.  I hope all is well with you and that you are in good health.
God bless you and encourage you in these days.

Published in Blog Items
Sunday, 13 February 2011 08:44

Terms of Offense?

A Polite Response To The  Comments In Charisma Magazine By Brother Eitan Shishkoff

(J. Jacob Prasch, Moriel Ministries)

My own family are Israeli-Jewish believers. My wife is the daughter of Holocaust survivors who immigrated to Israel as a child and our children were both born in Galilee. My wife divides her time between Great Britain and Israel (from where she has just returned) due to family reasons, and our son, a law graduate, completed IDF military service last year and now divides his time between Tel Aviv and my native New York due to his legal services business. In my youth I attended both the Jewish Community Center (at the behest of my father) and a Roman Catholic school (at the behest of my Gentile mother) before becoming a believer and I perceive matters from both a Messianic Jewish and Gentile Christian perspective, from both an Israeli and a diasporic perspective, and a Hebrew-speaking as well as English-speaking perspective. Our ministry operates  branches in several countries including Israel where we financially support evangelistic ministry, local congregations, and assist needy believers. It is with this background that I respectfully take some issue with Eitan Shishkoff's comments to an article published in Charisma magazine concerning Israeli-Jewish believers not wanting to be identified as "Christian" and not having "become" Christians.

Published in Blog Items
Wednesday, 02 February 2011 10:51

Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Etc.

Anti-American international leftist and former UN bureaucrat Mohammed ElBaradei who pandered to Iran on its quest for the development of nuclear weapons and who wants to recognize the terrorist organization Hamas is true to his opportunist self, wanting Hosni Mubarak's job.

After Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the Obama Administration did nothing to support the attempted Green Revolution to overthrow Ahmadinejad in Iran. The Muslim world knows that Obama is a weak, inexperienced, inept, and unqualified leader who is in over his head and above his ability who only knows about effective politics not effective policy. As in Iran in 1979, a popular revolution is quickly being hijacked by Islamist extremists while Obama and Clinton replay the legacy of  Jimmy Carter when the Shah fell. Carter saw double digit stagflation and a disastrous foreign policy emblematic of a perceived weakness of the United States while being humiliated by terrorist Iran. Now Obama has a failed economic policy buried in almost insurmountable debt and a disastrously weak foreign policy coming on top of it. Old mistakes are repeated.

Published in Blog Items

[caption id="attachment_7037" align="alignright" width="248" caption="Pope John Paull II kissing the Quran"][/caption]

It is"haggios" in the Greek New Testament , "kodesh" in Hebrew Tanakh, and "sanctus" in the Latin Vulgate. Call them "kadoshim" or call them "saints" , it still means "holy ones" and Scripture calls all of those redeemed and sanctified by Christ through The Holy Spirit "Saints".

The Roman Catholic church however, has a different definition from the scriptural one. To the papacy it is elevating someone to the doctrinal authority of the Word of God by pronouncing them as "canon". Much as Romanism teaches an unscriptural priesthood apart from the priesthood of all believers, it likewise teaches a separate status of sainthood apart from the sainthood of all believers taught in God's Word.

Published in Blog Items
Wednesday, 29 December 2010 08:22

Question: Are There Really Latter Day Apostles?

A Reader Inquires:

How to I tell my brother that there are no more apostles after Paul? He attends a church that invites various apostles and female pastors to come and speak. Most of the pastors are married to female pastors. They buy $30 Hebrew prayer shawls to cover up the women when they fall back into a trance and seem to pass out. The pastor shouts, pauses and waits for a drummer to slam a drum whenever he shouts something like "Stomp on him!" (meaning the devil) and many other catchy commands. How did they ever come up with more apostles?

Jacob Responds:

While I will be happy to answer your question about apostles, the problems at your brother's church extend well beyond that or any other single issue. Quite frankly, from what you describe, the whole joint is nuts.

Published in Blog Items
Wednesday, 29 December 2010 02:13

When That Which Is Perfect Has Come

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Co 13:8"“13)

A Reader Writes:

Dear Bro Jacob,

I hope you are well, and that you enjoyed your trip overseas.

I have tried to find out through the Moriel website and your tapes etc what your position on the above is?

Published in Blog Items
Tuesday, 28 December 2010 00:38

Comment on Discernment vs. Apologetics

Moriel just published Jackie Alnor's article, "Discernment Ministries vs. Apologetics Ministries: Is There A Difference?" to which Jacob added the following...

The line between apologetics and discernment is indeed nebulous. In the earlier years with Dr. Walter Martin, etc. "apologetics" mainly meant cult evangelism. With the apostasy of the last 25 - 30 years however,  much of what had been considered "evangelicism" is also now cultic and just as heretical as the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons.

Published in Blog Items
Tuesday, 14 December 2010 13:02

Question About the Millennial Reign

A Reader Asks:

"In the Millenium, there will be a Temple and at the Temple sacrifices will be made to atone for sin. Why is this? Surely Yeshua has atoned once and for all for sin? Can you pleased explain the significance of this?"

Pastor from Wales UK

Published in Blog Items

by By Pat Franklin
Dec 13, 2010
Teaching by Jacob Prasch

The Nativity account in the Bible is not just the literal history of Christ's first advent.  It also reveals what it will be like just before the Lord Jesus comes again!  Bible teacher Jacob Prasch, known for his insights, opened the Nativity scriptures* to us at our church in England.  If you want to know what the time will be like, and who will and will not be ready to meet King Jesus, read on.

Published in Blog Items
Newsletter signup
  1. Full Name(*)
    Please type your full name.
  2. E-mail(*)
    Invalid email address.
  3. Address(*)
    Invalid Input
  4. City(*)
    You have to enter a value for the City
  5. Province/County/State(*)
    Invalid Input
  6. Country(*)
    Invalid Input
  7. Post/Zip code(*)
    Invalid Input
  8. +4 US(*)
    Invalid Input
  9. Telephone
    Invalid Input
  10. Your closest Moriel Location(*)
    Invalid Input

Blog by Subject

Aberrational Theology Abuse Reports Alpha Course Announcements Antichrist antisemitism apologetics Archeology Australia Author backsliding Berit Kjos Bezaleel Bill Alnor Bill Randles Bill Walthall Brian Broderson Buddhism calvary chapel Calvin Smith Canada Catholicism Central and South America Charley Carle Christopher Fisher Church Issues Comforting Those Who Mourn D. E. Isom Dave Royle David Lister D E Isom dental mission Discernment doctrine Ecumenism Elon Morah Elon Moreh Emergent Church End Times End Times Archive eschatology europe Evangelism Evolution False Prophets feminism former gay germany Hare Krishna heresy Hinduism history hollywood information In the Land Islam Israel Israel Missions Items of Various Interest Jackie Alnor Jacob Prasch James Jacob Prasch Jan Markell Japan Jehovah's Witnesses jewhatred jezebel joyce meyer Kenya Missions last days Latest News luther Mexico Mike Gendron Mike Oppenheimer Missions Missions in Rome Moriel japan Mormonism Nessim Muse New Age New Apostolic Reformation News & Info New Zealand Persecution petition Philippine Garbage Dump Children Philip Powell pope Popular Teachers posttrib Prayer Request prayer requests pretrib prewrath pride Prophecy News Purpose Driven Question and Answer Quote of the Day rapture Render to Caesar Ruckmanism russia Sandy Simpsom Scott Noble seal sin South Africa South Africa Missions Steven Boot Tanzania Missions Teaching Testimonies testimony Thailand Toronto, Pensacola & Lakeland Toronto, Pensacola & Lakeland tribulation Uncategorized United Kingdom United States USA Missions Word Faith wrath yeshua

Filter and Search Articles

Articles of note

Random Product from the Webstore

Your Shopping cart

x

Cart empty

Holyland Design

If you, your church or your ministry need graphic design, we recommend Holyland Design (who built this site).

Holyland Design